Monday, August 18, 2008

Random Update

I realized I hadn't really blogged in quite awhile. Not that I haven't had a ton to blog about, just have been really lacking in time to blog in general. Been working a ton, training Maya, and we have a foster for the month. Very very busy.

We took the kids to the "Butterfly Park" a couple of days ago - to escape the sizzling heat and get out of the house. It's so dang hot out here, that it feels like we spend all our time indoors, even though we don't.

I have been given a full time position at my family's store starting this month. Yikes! A little scary - it'll be my first time working full time outside the home in years. It's unknown how long this position is open for, so we'll see how it goes. It's a shift I've been really pestering my parents to give me, and finally have - while it's an early shift, it's a Monday-Friday shift so I'd finally have a regular normal work schedule.

We also have the chance this month to be fostering a total sweetheart named Tye. He's an eight month old American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT). He's been very good with the kids (which "pits bulls" are known for). Maya has been challenged on being a less jealous girl while he is here, but it has really given her a chance to grow and us a chance to train with her as well.

In the last 10 weeks, I have worked my way up to walking/biking from zero a day to now 6-8 miles a day. During this time, I've also dropped 22 lbs. Of course, I'm super stoked about this and hope to keep up the momentium. And to think, all I had to do is adopt a high energy dog. ;)

No comments: