Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All Things Maya

Got a crazy busy week this week, plus my birthday is only I believe 8 days away, and our anniversary and I work cover another vacation this month SO I'm very busy from this point out. Whew! However, I do certainly want to dedicate some blogs to Breed Prejudice, including both stats of pit bulls (which isn't a breed for those of you who don't know) as well as other breeds and of course how I personally feel this isn't any different than say racial profiling. That said, I am very sad to learn that some insurance companies will not insure families if they have any pit bulls in their homes. While talking to someone about this today, they made the comment, "Because pit bulls are such vicious animals,"

Ahhh... the Pit Bull Rescue Center (also an educational resource) has their work greatly cut out for them. That said, I am certainly glad I do not have this issue and am very glad that we have such great insurance. We've gotten very lucky in quite a few areas lately.

That said, enough with the negativity and on with the pictures of my Maya girl!


This has got to be one of my favorites. I don't know why - but for me it really captures Maya's really gentle nature. She may be able to run 2-3 miles with me this morning, walk another one to practice leadership, do 45 minutes on the treadmill and STILL not act tired - but she's such a gentle girl.


http://media5.dropshots.com/photos/102473/20080708/165626.jpg

I really like this one too. These are the rare moments of really chilled out that I see.

Here she is snuggling on the couch.

And who can resist this one?


Finally, I read the following - short - blog by a Protestant Pastor that I really liked. Good to know that there are Christian leaders adopting Pit Bulls and likening it to their Christian walk.

No comments: