Tuesday, April 15, 2008

kNiTTinG

I've started recording DYI's Knitty Gritty episodes to see if I could convert some stick patterns and ideas to loom patterns and ideas. So far I've got a couple of ideas and based on my limited knowledge of loom knitting have two really great patterns in mind for loom knitting. Cannot wait to start converting them as it seems easy enough (we'll see though).

But while watching the close ups of knitting on Knitty Gritty - I think to myself, "That looks easy enough," and pull out my knitting sticks and start up. Of course, it's not that easy when you don't know what the heck you're doing AND you're left handed.

So, I'm willing to give away sticks (er, needles) to anyone in the LV area who is willing to help me out in getting started in my knitting with sticks adventure. A co-worker gave me a bucket of needles - so I've got all sorts of sizes, I just want to know how to knit on sticks. I've joined an online knitting group based in Vegas - so hopefully I'll find someone who can help me out. Here's hoping. :)

No comments: