Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dinner with the Missionaries - One Day Away


The missionaries are coming tomorrow! Whoa - time flies. It's been two weeks already. They called this evening to find out if we were feeding them or not - who invites them over and then doesn't feed them?! :P

Steve has created this awesome Family Home Evening Slide show - I'll have to upload the file and share it. It's awesome. It's our original FHE format - but now computerized. We've always included both a spiritual lesson and a worldly lesson - because Steve used to be an atheist and I wanted him to be leading the teaching. Now later, we really value the kids being up to date (well kind of) on world understanding. For example, this world lesson will focus on Earth Day and how it is important from both a secular and Biblical worldview. Very awesome. :)

I also got a chance to catch up on my podcasts and feel more convicted than ever that God created woman for man and as such, the woman is under man's authority. While listening to Pastor Fox (yep, his first name escapes me) talk about Biblical headship and men as priests and prophets to their families - I totally realized that I had been in sin for months maybe even years in this regard. I often take headship in matters of spirituality or religion - because I do read the Bible (or scriptures), I do listen to sermons, etc etc. But head knowledge does not put me in a position of headship over my husband, my pride does. More on this later. It's late, I'm tired, and I've got a long day of cleaning ahead of me.

No comments: