Monday, March 17, 2008

Crafting

I gotta tell you I am totally itching to get crafting! :) This week I plan on pulling out all my bright "scraps" and make a patchwork tablecloth for Grace Point's Resource Table. However, while scooting around online today - I came across some beautiful and fun look cross stitching and it's making me itch to try it out again. I haven't CS in ages - since highschool or maybe even middle school. Yep, it's been that long. But I recall how fun it was - somehow math was tied in and made me hate that part, but all in all, it was a ton of fun. Perhaps I'll try some out on my quilted tablecloth. :)

Right now I'm creating orange "pumpkin" socks for Steve and Paul to wear. Nope, they don't have near the same sized foot - but Paul loves walking around in Daddy's socks. Whenever I turn the heel I get tiny holes at the increases - so I'm sorta frustrated about that, but I'm sure with practice it'll get better. I'm thinking of making green toes since I forgot to do a green edging for the brim. We'll see how it goes. Since I'm currently trying to create a baby blanket for GP friend, the socks are on hold.

I'm dying to knit up my shawl - I want to do it right now! :P I imagine once I finish the socks and the blanket, my sock loom will arrive. We'll see.

Also, I've mentioned this before - but I'm trying to get GP women together to have some fun - whether that be teaching a skill, learning a new one, or just heading to Chilli's or Applebee's for some a snack. Of course, you don't have to attend GP so if you're in the area .....

No comments: