Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Family Makeup

Over the past few weeks I've been leaving lunches for the next day for my Papau and included in these lunches are scripture passages.

My family makeup includes my parents (Mamau and Papau), their daughter and my Aunt Melanie and her family - husband Bryan and two children, from that there is my Uncle Jim - Mamau's brother, and his wife Grace. I have second or third cousin named Angel who is amazing and is actually planning on coming to our movie night this week and will be meeting some of our friends from Grace Point which I'm totally pumped about. :)

Out of these family members - all of them are LDS except Angel, who is spiritually searching at the moment. She attends a Protestant church with a friend here and again with a girlfriend and Mamau has been inviting her to some Young Women events and activities in hopes of getting her interested in the church. Ironically enough, just a few weeks ago Mamau was trying to enlist my help in getting Angel interested in the church.

I call Mamau and Papau my parents because they raised me - and my Papau has been a father figure to me almost my entire life. He is the one member of my family whom I haven't had any type of discussion about the church with. We talk everyday, and we used to discuss church all the time together. Now, we simply discuss the business - what I need to do at work during the week, what invoices have come in or slowed down, and so forth.

Monday night when I left him a bowl of stew, I left him a passage that had just recently been shared with me during my Sunday night small group.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." - Hebrews 4:16

At the bottom of this I wrote in Grace Point's web address and left it in the fridge for him. The next time I talked with him - he shared with me that he had enjoyed the stew I left. I know that he knows, I suspect that he knows that I know - but we just don't talk about it. To me, this is understandable. I haven't heard from Mamau all day today - which I'm hoping has nothing to do with what is going on.

If my parents visit Grace Point's website, then they'll find a church dedicated to the Gospel of Christ. Only time will tell.




No comments: