Friday, September 21, 2007

I hope you find what you're looking for

One trend I've noticed among Latter Day Saints when I tell them that Steve and I have left the LDS church is, "Well I hope you found what you were looking for." It's as if they are under the impression we felt LOST.




Other images come to mind - Steve and I blindfolded, playing Marco Polo with God or hide and seek. That somehow, they percieve us as being disatisfied and having left the LDS church and gone out there "searching" for something out there to make us "happy".

We didn't leave to go in search of something else. The "something else" (God) found us, came knocking, and woke us up to the reality - that the LDS church is false. The reality of our situation was this:



God was leading us to His truth. Not because we were not happy enough or too happy, or too comfortable or uncomfortable - it wasn't about any of that. It was not about what we percieved about Truth - it was about actual Truth. We were perfectly fine within the LDS church, and then the Holy Spirit (God) woke us up to the fact that we were in a false church, directed us to His will about what to do about it, and we obeyed.

Just as annoying as critical anti-mormon "congrats on leaving that cult" (egh ) are the comments, "Hope you find what you're searching for" since I didn't "go" searching for anything.

I'm happy the Lord spoke to my husband and I and directed us to His Truth and Word. I'm happy He has blessed us with good fellowship and community. Perhaps now He is working on blessing us with patience and grace?



Four years ago when I was broken - I found what I unknowingly was looking for - how about you?

No comments: